You will need:
Art sheet, Balloons, Pencil
Pre-planning:Make the structure of the ribs using paper and make two holes in it.
• Discuss with the child about how we breath
• Investigate the child to breathe in and out by keeping their hand on their heart and ask the child how it felt
• Give the child the art sheet and the balloon
• Help the child to place the balloon in the hole in the ribs cut-out.
• Explain the child the ribs are the bones which protect the lungs
• Ask the child to blow the balloons and depict how the lungs work.