You will need:
Paper, paint, paintbrush, pencil, double line- red and blue line book.
Stage 1: Write Letter ‘G’ (uppercase) a few times on a sheet of paper. On the other side of the paper, write the lower case letter ‘g’.
Stage 2: Write Letter ‘G’ (uppercase and lower case) on a double line or red and blue line book with proper formation for the child to copy the same.
The last step in introducing a letter is – Writing the letter.
There are 2 stages for this step. In the first stage, the child is tracing the letter with a crayon or chalk. Thereafter, in the second stage, the child is writing the letter on a double line or red and blue line book.
• Show the letter to the child. Ask the child to say the letter name and say its sound.
• Talk to the child about words beginning with the letter ‘G’.
• Demonstrate how to trace the letter with paint using a brush. Let the child trace as demonstrated. Assist the child when needed. Trace both upper and lower-case letters using a brush.
• Stage 2: Show the four lines (red & blue) to the child. Demonstrate how to write the letter ‘G’ upper case and ‘g’ lower case’ on red and blue line paper using a pencil. The facilitator can refer to the image for the reference. Ask the child to copy-write the letter for 6 to 8 times.
• Assist the child when needed.
Fine Motor skills