You will need:
Chalk, red paper, plain white paper, crayon, masking tape, scissor, and number flashcard of 5.
Draw the shape of a tree on a door/wall with the help of a chalk. Make multiple small cut out of apples. Stick 5 apples on the tree with masking tape and name the tree as “Appletree”.
Number concept activity is the first step to introduce a number.
The activity focuses on a play-based hands-on experience for the child. It also focuses on introducing the number symbol as well as the value.
The facilitator can alter this activity for other introduction of other numbers too.
• Show the apple tree. Ask the child to identify the fruit. Talk about the apple tree with the child – the colour of apples.
• Tell the child to pluck 5 apples from the tree. Ask the child to count the apples. The facilitator also counts along with the child.
• Encourage them to point and count each apple: 1-2-3-4-5.
• The facilitator shows the number flashcard of 5 and again counts the number of apples.
• Count other things like five balls, five leaves, etc.